Terms of Sale
1. All custom-made (made-to-order) items require a minimum 67% (2/3rds) deposit prior to any work being started, including the ordering of any custom fabrics.
2. Alterations may require a deposit before the work is started. If required, the deposit will be no less than 50% of the alteration cost.
3. No work will begin until the deposit (deposits) has (have) cleared our bank account, if the deposit (deposits) is (are) made by check or money order.
4. Items that require special fabric, or other specially ordered materials, or special work will require an additional deposit prior to any design work or fabrication being started.
5. Deposits on specially-ordered fabrics and other specially-ordered items are non-refundable.
6. Custom ordered fabrics and items, and custom-made (“made-to-order”) items are not returnable, and no refund will
be made on these items.
7. Any change to a custom-ordered (“made-to-order”) item that New Couture is making or has already made, or that
New Couture is altering or has already altered, because of weight gain or loss on the part of the Customer may require additional charges and deposits. Furthermore, the change or changes could require additional time to complete. As a result, the item(s) may not be finished when needed by the Customer.
8. Any change to items beyond what has been agreed upon between the Customer, and New Couture, Inc. at the time of the sale, regardless of what the change is, must be accepted by New Couture, Inc. Any change may require additional charges and deposits. Furthermore, the change or changes could take additional time to complete. As a result, the item(s) may not be finished when needed by the Customer.
9. Problems that are beyond the control of New Couture, Inc. (examples include but are not limited to a specific fabric being unavailable from the manufacturer, Acts of God, etc.) cannot be the basis of a claim against New Couture, Inc.
10. All other claims must be made within 10 calendar days of receipt of the item.
11. All claims must be accompanied by a copy of the invoice (receipt) regardless of the nature of the claim.
12. Returned (NSF) checks are subject to a $100.00 fee.
13. Any payment regarding item(s) on an Invoice, or that is made towards the balance due on a Statement of Account, implies acceptance of these Terms of Sale.
14. These Terms of Sale are governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, and as such, all disputes between the customer and New Couture, Inc., its employees and any contractor that New Couture, Inc. uses, will be adjudicated by competent authority of the District of Columbia.
Created Jul 2004, Last Revised Feb 10, 2017
Download Terms of Sale PDF